Re: Question: Context Help for Java Apps

Subject: Re: Question: Context Help for Java Apps
From: Nancy Hickman <nhickman -at- GVI -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 15:21:12 -0500

You can call WinHelp from Java, but depending on settings and browsers,
if it is browser-based, this can violate the security environment. So,
yes and no. Does that help? :) If you can call it, your what's this
popups won't work as they do in a Windows/NT environment.

You can create context-sensitive Help for Java, but if you want popup
what's this Help, you have to do some additional coding for that, which
would be better handled at the beginning of a project. Yes, it's doable,
though, but it is not a one-shot "conversion" project.

-- Nancy Hickman