Creating and editing .gif technical drawings for Web

Subject: Creating and editing .gif technical drawings for Web
From: Suzanne Pyle <comline -at- GREENNET -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 10:26:52 -0400

I'm looking for some recommendations on drawing programs to use to create
and edit technical drawings that are saved in .gif format. I'm creating
drawings that represent a process or flow, and include computer hardware
clipart with text, arrows, the whole shabang. But I'm a bit limited I'm
afraid. Powerpoint 97 drawings don't really convert well to .gif when I
bring them into Paint Shop Pro. I was thinking of getting Corel Draw. Can
you recommend other programs, or ways to develop nice technical drawings in
a format to be viewed on the Web?

Suzanne

Suzanne Pyle
Documentation Consultant
Communication Lines - Putting Your Message to Work!