Re: Important News for Writers (long)

Subject: Re: Important News for Writers (long)
From: Sharon Burton <sharonburton -at- EMAIL -dot- MSN -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 11:43:24 -0700

I heard Joy White speak at an Orange County STC meeting last year and she
said something that really struck me. She said that her company does not
guarentee the accuracy of the manuals, et al, they produce for a client. And
she states that in the contract.

I will be doing the same thing with my new clients. Her point was that the
client supplied the info, knew the product, reviewed the manuals, et al, and
signed off on it. She and the manuals, et al, that her company produces are
only as accurate as the information provided. If the client doesn't provide
accurate info, the manual won't be accurate.

Smart lady. I learned a lot listening to her.

sharon

Sharon Burton
Anthrobytes Consulting
Home of RoboNEWS(tm), the award-winning unofficial RoboHELP Newsletter
www.anthrobytes.com
anthrobytes -at- anthrobytes -dot- com