Re: File conversion

Subject: Re: File conversion
From: "House, Barry" <BHouse -at- LRS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 08:04:23 -0500

I came into this discussion a little late, so forgive me if someone else
has made the same suggestion.

If you have a version of Microsoft Word on the Mac along with your copy
of Quark, you don't need any other translation software. Just save the
text as Word for the Mac (I can't remember where that option is; I'm at
the office on the company PC) and then open the resulting file with
Word. Even Word 5.1 on the Mac can save the file as a PC-based Word file
(you can download a converter from Microsoft's home page that will even
convert to Word 97). You can copy that to a PC disk or send it over your
network to a PC.

And, yes, DataViz has Windows-resident conversion software.

Barry House

>mixture of updates and new. On two manuals the English is in Word (as
is
>almost everything else) but I have found that the German (for some
unknown
>reason!!) had been done on a Mac using Quark Xpress. Does anyone know
of

There are so many good reasons to use a Mac for Tech-writing...!

>an easy way to convert to Word for the PC???? There have been a few
>changes to both manuals so it may be easier to simply have it all
re-done.
>All suggestions welcome.

On a Mac you should use MacLinkPlus from Dataviz, which translates
everything into anything.
Check their pages at www.dataviz.com
Possibly they have solutions for Windoze environments...