www.freedows.org

Subject: www.freedows.org
From: Rahel Bailie <rbailie -at- CASTLETON -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 11:32:02 -0700

This post serves two purposes:

(1) Experience potential? I attended an IICS presentation last night,
where the guest speaker was Reece Sellin, brainchild (literally, as he's
a 16-year-old in 3rd year of a computer science degree) behind a
cross-platform operating system that is expected to run Windows programs
faster than Windows. The team has grown to a couple hundred volunteers
around the world, and they expect to release this freeware next year.
They also plan to have exceptionally good documentation for their open
code. I expect that emerging tech writers who wish to build their
portfolios by doing volunteer work could find some high-profile material
here.

(2) Hope? The techwhirlers among us who gnash their teeth at the Windows
and Gates of their operating systems can watch for the release of this
new one.

Rahel A. Bailie, Senior Technical Writer
Castleton Network Systems Corporation
Tel 604-293-0039 (5432) / Fax 604-293-0047
http://www.castleton.com