Re: Switching Job Query--what about files?

Subject: Re: Switching Job Query--what about files?
From: "Huber, Mike" <mrhuber -at- SOFTWARE -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 17:18:34 -0400

Had that happen to me recently.
Ex contractor left only postscript versions of a manual. Left lots of copies
with slightly different file dates, and lots of zip files containing
postscript dumps, but no source files.

I called him, asked if they were on one of the file servers or something. He
suggested I rename the .PS files to .DOC. As I suspected, that didn't work.
(There is exactly one way it could have worked: the .PS files might have
been .DOC files that had been renamed for some bizarre reason. They
weren't.)

He will never work for any company where my opinion counts.

---
Office:
mike -dot- huber -at- software -dot- rockwell -dot- com
Home:
nax -at- execpc -dot- com