dialog / dialogue

Subject: dialog / dialogue
From: Jackie Cable <jackie -at- ORBITAL -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 10:13:48 +0100

Folks,

I'm in Scotland, writing software guides and online help for the US market.
I'm using FrameMaker's US dictionary to make sure I spell "colour",
"customise" etc in the US style ("color", "customize" etc). The spell
checker is happy with either "dialog" or "dialogue" - a word that appears
<g> frequently - does anyone have any opinions on which I should use?

(similarly "license" vs "licence" ?)

thanks,

Jac