Re: There's gotta be a better name for this field

Subject: Re: There's gotta be a better name for this field
From: Hope Cascio <hcascio -at- GTE -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 18:25:35 -0400

> There seems to be a consensus that the field contains whatever prints on
> the invoice next to the charge or credit. But they say it can't be called
> "Invoice Text" or the like because the charge or credit might also appear
> somewhere else, not just on the invoice.

I'd go ahead and call it "Invoice Text" or the like, and point out,
wherever it seems appropriate, that the "Invoice Text" can also appear
(fill in the blank). Naming fields something generic like "Label" and
"Description" are going to give you nothing but grief in documenting it,
and your users can't talk about it intelligently.

My .02,
Hope

--
"Just because a network architecture has been designed to survive
nuclear holocaust doesn't mean it is immune to WebTV or a bunch