Re: Question: Saving or storing comments and info from SMEs

Subject: Re: Question: Saving or storing comments and info from SMEs
From: "Huber, Mike" <mrhuber -at- SOFTWARE -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 16:00:56 -0400

You can set the password protection in Word that allows others to make
modifications but flags them to be accepted or discarded later. It even
keeps track of who made each modification.

As for dealing with changes that I'm not going to use, I find that letting
the reviewer know that I appreciate and consider each comment, even those
that don't make it into the final document, goes a long way. And often a
wrong comment enlightens me to a problem that I hadn't noticed and the
reviewer didn't mean. If someone within the organization misunderstood what
I wrote, maybe the misunderstood part needs a second look. Even if the
reviewer is wrong.

---
Office:
mike -dot- huber -at- software -dot- rockwell -dot- com
Home:
nax -at- execpc -dot- com

...As far as letting them edit documents and templates, one could I