Re: I need help with Functionality versus Function ; Plus

Subject: Re: I need help with Functionality versus Function ; Plus
From: Mark Dempsey <mxd2 -at- OSI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 08:13:05 -0700

I write documents, not documentation (yes, they're both in the
dictionary).

I also use (not "utilize") graphic user interfaces, not graphical ones.

The Bo-Deedlized "complicationization" of straightforward prose is
counter-productive when you're writing instructions. It may show how
cool you are, but I doubt it instructs your customers.

That is my assessmentization of the knowledgabilitization in this
systematizationism.

BTW, I was *not* the author of the error message Haiku submitted to this
list previously. I humbly apologize to any offended by my unintentional
plaigarism, and for not submitting only original humor as the lists
instructions stipulate. But hey, who reads instructions? ;-)

David Dvorkin wrote:

> "Functionality" has been a noun in the software biz for a long time.
> It refers to the total collection of functions performed by an
> application.
>
> David Dvorkin
> FRx Software Corporation
> mailto:ddvorkin -at- frxsoft -dot- com
> (303) 741-8280

-- mailto:Mark -dot- Dempsey -at- osi -dot- com
--
-- Mark Dempsey
-- Technical Publications