Word Doc to HTML, Numbering Maintained

Subject: Word Doc to HTML, Numbering Maintained
From: Lorin Ledger <LLedger -at- TOTAL-CARE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 11:02:32 -0700

I have a numbering system in Word that needs to be maintained when
publishing a document to HTML. Headings do not keep their numbering
format, or if there is numbering, it is too simple for my requirements.

The numbering is:

1.0
1.1
1.1.1
etc.

Is there a way to keep the numbering when publishing to HTML?

I'll post a summary.

Thanks in advance,

Lorin
Lorin C. Ledger