How do I convert raster image to CMYK for printing?

Subject: How do I convert raster image to CMYK for printing?
From: "D. Margulis" <ampersandvirgule -at- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 19:59:43 -0400

HELP!

I erroneously assumed that PageMaker would handle the separations of the
color graphics (various raster image formats--from Photoshop, scanned
images, screen captures, and a few other sources) in my document. It
doesn't. (The preliminary versions went to a digital color output
device, so the problem didn't arise.)

Now I'm under the gun to generate film separations for the printer by
Friday and I don't want to start all over again creating pictures in
Freehand. For one thing, my total experience with Freehand is the five
hours I spent today recreating our logo. For another, I still have to
deal with the screen captures. Is there some straightforward way to
convert my RGB tiffs, etc., to CMYK separated EPS? Am I overlooking
something obvious?

Thanks for any help. If you respond to this on Thursday, please send me
a copy at work-- mailto:dmargulis -at- prtm -dot- com

Dick