Word Question: Deleting Built-in Styles

Subject: Word Question: Deleting Built-in Styles
From: "Nyman, Rikki" <Rikki -dot- Nyman -at- ALLIEDSIGNAL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 13:10:00 -0700

Hi! I know this is probably not the forum for this, (I am not
subscribed to the Word list) and I apologize, but I need to know
quickly:

Is there an easy way to delete built-in styles in Word 7?

I'm trying to design a template with only the essential styles for
engineers and I want to get rid of the $#$^%@ extra headings MS Word
insists I use. I am also trying to get the engineers away from 9 levels
heading that starts looking like

1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9 The Whatzum They Are Trying To Describe and How It
Works

Reply offline if you know how to do this. THANK YOU!

Rikki