Re: Q: Convert Interleaf to PageMaker?

Subject: Re: Q: Convert Interleaf to PageMaker?
From: "D. Margulis" <ampersandvirgule -at- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 16:07:50 -0400

Debra (and Vicki, FYI):

The Interleaf solution is to get their optional filter pack ($$$) and
filter the documents to RTF. (The procedure involves first resaving each
document as an Interleaf Ascii Format file and then batch filtering the
closed files.)

The result is messy in that you lose all graphics, among other problems.
However, you can treat the graphics separately and individually, and you
do retain the bulk of the text formatting. I'm not sure how well tables
will come out, but they shouldn't require too much tweaking.

You will still have to Place the RTF files and all of the graphics into
PM docs.

The second Interleaf option is to upgrade to Ileaf 6, which allegedly
supports the export of graphics, too.

The third, and possibly the best, option is to get in touch with
www.blueberry.com and see whether they can help you with a specific
ileaf-to-pm filter. This may in the end be the cheapest solution.

Good luck,

Dick