Re: "Weaning" strategies

Subject: Re: "Weaning" strategies
From: Jean Weber <jhweber -at- WHITSUNDAY -dot- NET -dot- AU>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 07:15:47 +1000

My experience (with a lot of different people and companies, including
science research establishments and engineering firms as well as software
development teams) suggests that a better solution is to join them, not to
fight them.

Rather than attempting to teach the other staff members to write better
(and thus wean them off your services), hire or contract with a good editor
(perhaps part-time) to do the rewriting and proofreading. It's a win-win
deal -- everyone will be happier, you'll get better results, and it's
usually more cost-effective too, because it leaves everyone to do whatever
they do best.

Reading further through my mail, I see Sella Rush < sellar -at- apptechsys -dot- com >
has said much the same thing. (And perhaps by the time I send this, others
will have done so too.)

Jean

Jean Hollis Weber
P.O. Box 640, Airlie Beach, QLD 4802
Australia
Ph. (07) 4948 0450
Fax. (07) 4948 0435
jhweber -at- whitsunday -dot- net -dot- au