Re: 'directions below' or 'below directions'?

Subject: Re: 'directions below' or 'below directions'?
From: "David M. Brown" <dmbrown -at- BROWN-INC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 10:01:26 -0700

Of the original two, I'd choose the latter:

> If you wish to see a listing of all Destinations and their properties,
> follow the *directions below*.

I assume the "directions" are a long way from this introductory
sentence, or it could be a lot less verbose. I think it's better for
the reader if the introduction immediately precedes the process
description, as in the following alternatives:

1st - To list Destinations and their properties:

2nd - To list Destinations and their properties, follow these
steps:

3rd - To see a list of all Destinations and their properties,
follow these steps:

David M. Brown -- Brown Inc.
dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com
http://www.brown-inc.com