Re: "Wish" in tech docs

Subject: Re: "Wish" in tech docs
From: "Bergen, Jane" <janeb -at- ANSWERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 17:21:20 -0500

Hmmm. Just read all the replies so far, and none of them have come up
with this one yet:

> On the Destination list, click the Destination to edit.

If some kind of intent just HAS to be spelled out, use "want" not "wish"
-- it's too wishy-washy. Two other things:

1. Drop the "on" in "click on" -- it's redundant.
2. (This is picky) Use "in" or "on" the list, not from. I reserve "from"
for a location, such as "From the main window..."

Jane
Jane Bergen, Technical Writer
AnswerSoft, Inc.
Richardson, TX (972)997-8355