Re: Pointers (of mice & ...)

Subject: Re: Pointers (of mice & ...)
From: Michael Johnson <michaelj -at- OECMED -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 10:16:01 -0600

Katav et al,

Something tells me you're running a serial mouse, probably Microsoft, under Windoze 95.

One stunt that worked for me is to shut off the Windows 95 auto indexing, which helps the Fast Find utility run a little faster (but not much). Go to Start>Settings>Control Panel. Double click Fast Find. Then do Index>delete. Just to make sure you've done some real damage, set the Update Interval to something reasonable. I've got mine at 999 hours (the max possible). That means that if I haven't been successful shutting off auto indexing (you can never be sure about anything in Windows 95), it will happen only once every 999 hours (maybe).

Thanks to Geoff Hart for this idea. He got it from Woody Leonard, I believe.

Have a nice weekend!

Mike Johnson
Michaelj -at- oecmed -dot- com
Writer -at- wasatch -dot- com
Speaking for myself and not OEC Medical Systems