Re: About Time!

Subject: Re: About Time!
From: Janice Gelb <janiceg -at- MARVIN -dot- ENG -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 09:49:51 -0700

John Posada wrote:

> Well, people...After being in this profession for about 10 years, I've
> finally been accorded the recognition I've always felt I deserved.
>
> I just received a memo from a department manager with some work attached
> and it started out:
>
> Oh tech writer god.
> Please review/correct/add
>
> It just doesn't get much better than that. Think it belongs in my
> portfolio?

In a previous job, HR was trying to figure out a title for my next
promotion (the next higher position didn't exist because no editor had
ever stuck around long enough to be promoted above my then-current
position). My writers heard about it and informed me and my boss that
they thought the position title should be "Empress Editor" :->

Janice Gelb | The only connection Sun has with this
janice -dot- gelb -at- eng -dot- sun -dot- com | message is the return address.
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/8018/index.html