Re[2]: FWD: Layoffs and scrounging

Subject: Re[2]: FWD: Layoffs and scrounging
From: "Walker, Arlen P" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 13:28:33 -0500

I wouldn't worry about the scrounging. It's called "efficient use of
resources," and it's part of what brings a company back from the
predicament of having to lay people off in the first place.

Look at it this way, would you rather the company saved money now by
reusing equipment that's just sitting around doing nothing, or would you
rather it made any sort of recovery more difficult by spending more money
than it has to?

If the company recovers to the point it can call anyone back, it'll be
able to afford to buy them new equipment when it does.

As for whether you should move on, yourself, I agree with the poster who
said make your own mind up based on your own attitude. If you like the
place, stick around. I've been through two "down" cycles, spaced many
years apart. After each one we received the loud message of "no more," and
they were right (last cycle was nearly 4 years ago).

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224