Emphasize the +

Subject: Emphasize the +
From: Paul Hanson <hanson -at- JORDANSYSTEMS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 10:19:21 -0700

In the recent thread regarding whether to stay with a company that recently
had layoffs or to look, one post suggested emphasizing the positive reasons
why you are looking for a new technical writer position. That is an
interesting suggestion, considering my current situation. I took my current
tech writer position in February of 1998 and now, less than 6 months later,
I am looking for a more financially stable future, if one exists in 1998
America, considering my wife works part-time (80%) and our 2nd child is due
in less than 100 days. That said, how would list members suggest I market
myself. I worked at my previous company three years and only left because of
the opportunity to start my own department. Well, things have changed.
Suggestions?

Paul Hanson
Technical Writer