Re: Defining Your Tasks

Subject: Re: Defining Your Tasks
From: Max Wyss <prodok -at- PRODOK -dot- CH>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 01:56:35 +0200

It is not uncommon that installation and maintenance manuals are written
without any access to the product. Of course, that's not for software or
consumer goods, but for heavy machinery and full plants.

I have been in a project for a few months, writing installation
instructions for a new gas turbine, where I only towards the end I had a
chance to see parts of that thing in real size. Before, the only
information I had were drawings and parts lists.

Of course, it would have been easier if I could have assisted when they
assembled it. But that was a bit too far away.

Max Wyss
PRODOK Engineering AG
Technical documentation and translations, Electronic Publishing
CH-8906 Bonstetten, Switzerland

Phone: +41 1 700 29 21
Fax: +41 1 700 20 37
e-mail: mailto:prodok -at- prodok -dot- ch or 100012 -dot- 44 -at- compuserve -dot- com
WWW: http://www.prodok.ch/prodok

Bridging the Knowledge Gap