Re: Font Question, Multi use document

Subject: Re: Font Question, Multi use document
From: Damien Braniff <Damien_Braniff -at- PAC -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 07:30:24 +0100

We too are looking at our current documents and how they can be improved -
layout, fonts, etc. Some time ago I did a little in-house experiment and
printed out a paragraph of text in a variety of fonts and circulated it for
opinion. Contrary to research that serif fonts are easier to read the most
popular fonts were sans serif like arial (what we currently use). It was
suggested that a paragraph wasn't enough text to get a fair response - a
para of one font may be easy to read but a whole page... I'm currently
repeating the process with more text and initial results again show that
people prefer the sans serif fonts. I know this is just a small straw poll
but has anyone else come across this or is it just an aberration?

Damien Braniff
Technical Author
PAC International