Re: Humor in writing -- AGAIN?

Subject: Re: Humor in writing -- AGAIN?
From: Lin Laurie <linlaurie -at- EMAIL -dot- MSN -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 08:48:06 -0700

The Seattle/Bellevue Chapter of the STC just held a meeting where the topic
was about adding humor to procedural writing, and it was given by Dave
Farkas. He used the Dummy series and I'm suggesting the Idiot's Guide
series of books as examples of ways to integrate humor into technical
writing. Maybe taking alook at those examples will give you some ideas. I
like the concept but it depends on the company and its audience. For an
internal audience, I think humor is a great idea.

Too bad you missed the meeting. STC is getting good again. Hope you come to
future meetings. It sounds like this was a topic you could have used.

Regards.

Lin Laurie
http://www.winpro-press.com
WinPro Online Press