Word 97 and pg. refs. in another doc

Subject: Word 97 and pg. refs. in another doc
From: Tom Herme <hermet -at- DNINEVADA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 09:41:27 -0700

Hello, Techwhirlers,

Have any of you had success referencing a page number in another Word 97
document?

I'm using a WordTips (e-mail newsletter) procedure that includes
inserting a Page field in the document I want to reference (the target
document) , then bookmarking it. In the first document, I'm attempting
to use an Includetext field to point to the target document's reference.

After creating the Includetext field, I get an "Error! Cannot open file"
message for the field.

Anyone have a clue how to make this work?

Thanks.
--
Tom Herme