Re: question: bulleted lists and periods

Subject: Re: question: bulleted lists and periods
From: GM Vick <gmv -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 09:40:32 -0700

Re to end or not end bulleted items with a period...

In every tech writing class I've taken, they've taught us that if the
bulleted item is a complete sentence to put a period at the end. In most
cases, however, bulleted items are fragments. We were instructed not to
punctuate this type of item.

This potentially could lead to a nightmare situation where you have to
think about each bulleted item. The other thing they taught us was to
think twice if we start bulleting complete sentences.

Which ultimately leads me to vote for not using periods in bulleted items.