Jobs - Seattle, Washington area

Subject: Jobs - Seattle, Washington area
From: Tameiko Davis <TameikoD -at- MPL -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 16:42:32 -0700

Hello Technical Communicators,

I am a Technical Recruiter for Meridian Partners Limited. We are a fast
growing distributed applications solutions provider located near
Seattle, Washington. We specialize in project development, contingency
staffing and Internet solutions. Meridian currently has openings for
software developers, web developers, technical writers, programmer
writers, technical editors, systems analysts etc., to work with our
clients to develop/support world class software and web sites.

All Meridian employees are full-time salaried people with full benefits.
We offer top notch compensation packages including full medical,
dental, vision, life insurance, matching 401(k), paid vacation and
holidays, a flexible work environment, and stock options. Need
sponsorship or relocation assistance? You're covered. Simplify your
life. Enjoy your spare time. Keep stimulated with interesting work. Our
employees are leading the charge in creating next generation products
for the top software companies in the Pacific Northwest.

Below is a list of some of our current openings. Please contact me if
you are interested in hearing more.

Programmer Writer - Work on SDK documentation for our client's ecommerce
Web site. Requires VBS, C++, Javascript and some writing experience.
Knowledge of COM and Active X are pluses.

Programmer Writer - Write an SDK for the our client's web product. Talk
to developers about the API definition, regarding details of each API
call and documenting the answers. Continually track interface changes
and make changes to the SDK doc as necessary. Output the SDK
documentation in HTML format. Need all the traditional tech writing
skills. Must be familiar with SDKs and their purpose/audience. Must be
able to at least read C/C++ source code. Look at API interface
definitions and be able to discern the "function call" and the lists of
parameters. Should have the perspective of a 3rd party SDE. Reading
knowledge of COM interfaces is a plus.

Programmer Writer - Document error messages for an email server. Write a
short paragraph that explains each error message and suggest a solution.
Ability to read C++, development experience for the Windows environment
required.

Programmer Writer - Plan and write developer-oriented and
solutions-oriented documentation for ActiveX Data Objects. May extend to
similar duties for OLE DB and ODBC material. This includes working with
the team manager and Program Managers to determine appropriate content.
Ensure all material is tested and properly reviewed. Proven experience
creating programs using data access technologies, specifically DAO or
ADO. Professional experience with one or more programming languages,
good oral and written communication skills, good organizational ability,
knowledge of database fundamentals. Experience with database interfaces
such as OLE DB and ODBC. BA/BS in Computer Science is preferred.

Technical Writer - Writing deployment and upgrading information for our
client's email. This will be included in their next Resource Kit, on
their web site and in one of their books. Qualifications should include
a strong writing portfolio w/ a min. of 5 years writing experience.
Should have experience writing for or familiarity with a network
administrator/IT audience in addition to some experience developing
Wed-based content. Must enjoy a fast-paced environment and have
excellent collaboration skills.

Technical Writer - Research, design, develop and write technical
information online and in print for a 1.0 version product. Combination
of technical writing and training users how to use the product.
Contribute to spec writing and style guide development. (Audience - end
users composed of three categories, higher education, technical training
and system administrators.) Minimum 3 years Technical Writing
experience. HTML and DHTML experience is required. Some scripting - VBS
and ASP experience desired. On-line help proficiency - HTML Help.
Creating multimedia. Ability to quickly learn new technology. Position
requires multitasking, excellent communication skills, ability to
deliver w/in tight schedules. Internet background would be fine.

Technical Writer - Write technical documentation for our client's
bleeding edge operating system. Must be able to explain for end-users
such technical concepts as installing, troubleshooting stop errors and
system recovery. Experience with Windows NT is required. MCSE or MCP
certification is preferred. Hands-on HTML and website knowledge are
pluses.

Thanks!

Tameiko Davis
Technical Recruiter