Re: Concurrent writing and revision

Subject: Re: Concurrent writing and revision
From: "Hutchings, Christa" <cwhutchings -at- HOMEWIRELESS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 15:30:03 -0400

Robert Plamondon wrote:

>But you instantly move on to resource allocation.
>"I can't increase the priority without assigning more resources to it.
All
>my resources are assigned."

Right! A friend of mine worked for a company once where the Pubs manager
tried this approach and was told, "You *can* (increase the priority w/o
assigning more resources) and you will! It's your job to figure out
how!" Needless to say, the writers put in more than a few 60-70 hour
weeks over the next couple of months. They did manage to get the high
priority project *and* their own projects completed on time, but 3 of 5
writers left the company shortly thereafter, as did the Pubs manager.

>And if that doesn't work, send out a memo announcing that... you're
>putting together a quality reduction plan...

I like this idea - what fun! ;~D

Chris

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=