HTML word processor?

Subject: HTML word processor?
From: Dan Ramsey <dan -at- CONTINENTALPUB -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 17:19:26 -0700

I need help finding a good HTML editor. I've used many over the last
few
years, but all of them have serious problems. Of the commercial
products
I've used (and/or purchased), rated on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 highest):

Claris Homepage - 3
Macromedia Dreamweaver - 2.5
A Vanilla Text Editor - 2
Netscape Composer - 1
Microsoft Frontpage - 0
(and various shareware versions, which rate below zero)

I'm looking for something that is in the 7 or 8 category. Since it will
be
used 99% of the time for text, I don't care how well it handles
graphics.
I also don't care about its Web site "management" capabilities. What I
need is a solid HTML WORD PROCESSOR. Needs to deal well with section
headings, indentation, lists, linking. Needs to be WYSIWYG. Also needs

spell check. Shouldn't mangle HTML tags.

Suggestions?

dan -at- continentalpub -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=