Re: The Tools Tech Writers Use

Subject: Re: The Tools Tech Writers Use
From: Andrew Plato <aplato -at- EASYSTREET -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 18:48:15 -0700

In my opinion, know how to use all the popular tools and fit the tool to the
job. The instant you hear someone say "...I will not use XYZ tool because..."
fire that person and hire someone who can focus on the job and not the tool.
The tool debates are, in my opinion, an insane waste of time.

Who cares what tool you use. If you don't get the job done, it won't matter if
it was Frame, Word, or clay tablets - you'll be out of work.

Moreover, companies that pinch pennies over software are asking for trouble.
Once again, the tool is irrelevant to getting the job done. Most successful
companies, organizations, and individuals I meet will use any tool provided it
gets the job done right.
Andrew Plato
President / Principal Consultant
Anitian Consulting, Inc.