Re: HTML word processor?

Subject: Re: HTML word processor?
From: "David M. Brown" <dmbrown -at- BROWN-INC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 20:27:04 -0700

Dan Ramsey wrote:

> ... Needs to be WYSIWYG.

D'oh! I was all set to recommend HomeSite (on the PC) and BBEdit (on
the Mac). As far as I'm concerned, they really shine.

In light of your second requirement, though ...

> Shouldn't mangle HTML tags.

... I'm not sure *what* I'd recommend. I've tried a few, including
PageMill (Mac 1, Mac 2, and PC 3), FrontPage, and the program formerly
known as RoboHTML.

One deleted any attributes it didn't recognize, another inserted a *ton*
of proprietary pseucocode, another actually lopped off everything after
the first 50 or so kilobytes in each source file.

Good luck!

--David

David M. Brown -- Brown Inc.
dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com