Re: Document management tools or processes

Subject: Re: Document management tools or processes
From: ""Renée L. LaPlume"" <rlaplume -at- RORKE -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 09:59:21 -0500

We use MKS Source Integrity for controlling both
source code and documentation. (See www.mks.com
for more information on this product.) A similar
competitive product is Microsoft SourceSafe (and
another one is PVCS, of course). If I were you, I
would get evaluation copies these two and compare
their usage with the one you already have in house
(PVCS) to see how well they perform on the type of
work you do with your files. You might want to
call and speak to representatives of each of the
three companies to see how well they are likely
to meet your needs. (Of course, they're all likely
to say wonderful things about _their_ products!)
Finally, there's a newsgroup at comp.software.config-mgmt.
This newsgroup has a FAQ which may be of interest to you.
Feel free to email me directly with additional questions.

At 04:26 PM 8/2/98 -0500, you wrote:

> I need recommendations for document management tools or processes.
Renée L. LaPlume
Rorke Data, Inc. - Software Services Division

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000