Re: WORD, A Word Processor. Was: The Tools Tech Writers Use

Subject: Re: WORD, A Word Processor. Was: The Tools Tech Writers Use
From: Dan Butler <DanButler -at- UPR -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 12:22:29 -0500

Robert --

I remember reading an article that talked about Microsoft's usability studies.
It said that studies showed that 95% of the documents written in business were
less than 3 pages long and therefore they implemented usability relative to
that.

I don't remember where I saw the article but it has been several years ago.

-- Dan Butler

Robert Plamondon wrote:

> 1. It seems to have the features that are necessary for technical
> documentation, but these features (master documents, support for large files,
> OLE import of
> even moderate-sized objects) are broken. In addition, some other features,
> such
> as fast saves, seem to be broken, yet are on by default.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=