Re: FWD: Bad employment situation advice needed

Subject: Re: FWD: Bad employment situation advice needed
From: "D. Margulis" <ampersandvirgule -at- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 21:40:42 -0400

Eric J. Ray wrote:

> Name withheld upon request. Please reply on list.

> I need some advice on a pretty thorny employment situation. For me the
> question is not whether to quit this job, but when.

Run, do not walk, to the nearest lawyer who is board certified in
employment law (check the Yellow Pages). Take a copy of your signed
contract with you for reference, although no contract can bind you to an
illegal arrangement. (I'm not suggesting anything about your agreement
is or is not illegal, only that you shouldn't despair before you talk to
an attorney. You'll get plenty of opportunity to despair _after_ you
talk to an attorney.)

Even if there are lawyers lurking amongst us tech writers, you have not
indicated what State you are in. [Note upppercase S on State, folks;
it's obvious what (lowercase) _state_ he's in ;-)] So you may get lots
of empathy here--been there, done that myself, actually--but you're
unlikely to get sound legal advice.

Good luck!

Dick

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=