Contract Job Posting: Amsterdam, The Netherlands (2)

Subject: Contract Job Posting: Amsterdam, The Netherlands (2)
From: Will Cass <W -dot- Cass -at- ELSEVIER -dot- NL>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 10:02:43 +0200

Sorry for the repost - I had to correct the email ID from
jill -dot- kelly -at- magentatc -dot- nlk to jill -dot- kelly -at- magentatc -dot- com -dot-

I am leaving shortly to take another position with another company. Reason
for leaving is promotion. As a result, I need replacing. Please send CVs to:

Jill Kelly
Magenta Technology Consultants B.V.
Tel: +31 79 330 1111
Fax: +31 79 330 1112
email: jill -dot- kelly -at- magentatc -dot- com

Position: Senior Technical Author (contract)
Duration: Six months +
Rate: Very good
Start: ASAP

Essential skills:

Minimum five years experience
Self starter
Experience in writing user documentation
Ability to translate technical information into a non-technical form

SGML
HTML
MS Word 97 (using Word temporarily until SGML authoring tool is chosen)
Graphic design (Photoshop, Paintshop Pro, CorelDRAW, or similar)
Basic familiarity with Perl (note that Perl is not similiar to conventional
programming languages) or a wide experience of other programming languages
such as Python, TCL, LISP, Java)
Online help (JavaScript or HTML Help - not Windows Help). Note that Help is
as yet unplanned

Role:

Senior writer of two.
Identify, plan, and write English-language documentation Web-based products
in the Product Application Department (PAD) at Elsevier Science, Amsterdam.
May produce some documentation for Elsevier Science in Oxford, U.K. and New
York, U.S.A.
Provide on-the-job training and guidance for the Junior Technical Writer
(permanent staff)

This is a good company to work for and has a pleasant working environment.

Will Cass W -dot- Cass -at- Elsevier -dot- nl
Product Application Development, Elsevier Science
Molenwerf 1, 1014 AG Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Phone: +31 (0) 20 485 3421 Fax: +31 (0) 20 485 3706
"Perfection has one grave defect, it is apt to be boring"
- Oscar Wilde

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=