Re: Tasks versus Job Descriptions.

Subject: Re: Tasks versus Job Descriptions.
From: Bernie McCann <BernieMc -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 10:57:44 EDT

Hi Mary;

<<
Bernie, I think the "Tasks vs. Job Descriptions" topic is worthy of debate,
but perhaps not among ourselves. (It's kinda like preaching to the choir.)
I have this great notion that STC should form an "Educate the HR Folks
Committee" that would have a two-pronged thrust:

I agree with the gist of your post regarding the writing of explanatory
articles in (for example) H.R. journals, but I believe that in the past few
years (some) writers have joined our profession who are not aware of the
technical publishing task breakdown structure. Hence, the task problem is
being perpetuated from within the "choir". This List provides plenty of
evidence of that, eg, the I-want-to-do-everything writers, and the recent
discussion of poor quality books.

Bernie

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=