Re: Programming experience for Tech Writers (was: HR versus Tech writing)

Subject: Re: Programming experience for Tech Writers (was: HR versus Tech writing)
From: Sean McFerren <smcferre -at- CSC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 16:12:08 -0500

I inadvertently ommitted Mark as the source of the snipped comment. My apologies
for two postings, but I wanted to make the correction.

Mark Baker wrote:

< snip >
I require the writers I hire to have a mastery of
at least one programming language. Why? Because our main product is a
programming language. If you don't program you can't document a programming
language.
< snip >

Obviously, the *best* language to have experience with is the one your potential
employer/client is using. However, if a tech writer (with no prior programming)
wanted to take a programming course to increase his/her marketability in general,
what would you recommend?

Sean McFerren
Performance Support Consultant
Computer Sciences Corporation/SCI Account
Houston, TX
smcferre -at- csc -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=