Re: Dividing the Tech writer job

Subject: Re: Dividing the Tech writer job
From: "Bergen, Jane" <janeb -at- ANSWERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 08:46:41 -0500

Let me ask some of you to read the original post once more.

Note that I did not say "cannot grow".... I said "do not grow" as in
matter of course. Sure, if someone is ANYthing (burger flippers
included), they *may* be able to be a technical writer. But it is
definitely not the norm. Nor is understanding technical jargon. I would
venture to say that few rocket scientists could be good technical
writers, either. We are talking different skill sets here. There are no
skills in typing or typesetting that qualify as good WRITING skills.

Comprehension is only part of the battle. A lot of people can look at a
sentence and tell that it doesn't work. Fewer know how to fix it. And
fewer still know WHY....now that's what the good writer can do.

Jane

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=