Tech-Writers

Subject: Tech-Writers
From: Reuven Frank <reuven -at- E-AND-C -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 19:10:03 +0200

Dear All
Cross-posted to Tech-WR-L & Tech-Shoret

A great deal has been said, PARTICULARLY today, about technical writing, but very little has been said about what a technical writER actually is.

The following sign is posted above my desk, to facilitate interaction between the mere Earthlings that work in my office and myself.:

Technical Writers
A Technical-Writer is a person who ALWAYS looks (and sometimes smells), like a shower and shampoo are needed ASAP. Technical Writers are notoriously known for sitting by their computer screens and talking to themselves (constantly), while mumbling statements such as: "No, that won't work," and "Phew, does this piece need heavy editing!"
Always remember that all Technical-Writers are crazy (certifiably.) Some less and some more so; but, demented just the same.
Let's use a scale from fifty to one-hundred (NO Technical-Writer is less than a Fifty.) One-hundred is some poor schnook sitting in front of a "virtual" computer" clanging out "virtual" files for "virtual" customers day after day. I would say that I rank about a seventy-five (75).
Please bear this in mind when "interfacing" with me.
Thank you very much,
Reuven Frank
Technical Documentation

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000