Re: Grad education for tech writers

Subject: Re: Grad education for tech writers
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 10:06:33 -0500

> I am currently a student going for my Bachelors in Tech Writing. I am
> considering going to graduate school, however, I don't know how beneficial
> such education is for a tech writer.

<opinion> I think some work experience would be more valuable than
graduate school at this point. In fact, the graduate degree might not be
helpful at all unless (a) you plan on teaching or otherwise working in
an academic setting, or (b) you find an area you'd like to specialize in
(in which case I'd suggest you get a degree in that area instead of
another tech writing degree). </opinion> But I'm very interested in what
other people have to say about this.

Tracy
Oklahoma Dept. of Vocational & Technical Education
Curriculum & Instructional Materials Center
Stillwater, Oklahoma http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=