FrameMaker > Notes

Subject: FrameMaker > Notes
From: Tim Altom <taltom -at- SIMPLYWRITTEN -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 09:26:36 -0500

Thanks to everybody who responded by my request for a way to convert Frame
documents into Lotus Notes. Most people said that it was fairly easy; you
just save the Frame doc as RTF, because Notes accepts an RTF format. I'm
looking forward to trying this out.

Some people politely reminded me that you don't NEED to convert the Frame
stuff to Notes to have it reside in Lotus, and that's true. My own personal
opinion is that the client would be well off to PDF the service manuals and
just use Lotus to download them from a database. Simple, elegant, usable.
And the local subsidiary here agrees with me. However, the California home
office prefers to have their service manuals actually done IN Lotus Notes.
They believe that it's much easier to maintain control that way. My contact
here is interested in serving both the Lotus Notes master and the need to
move to Frame, which is the parent company's tool of choice. If we can serve
both needs, we'll be money ahead.

Thanks again to everybody. I'll hopefully be trying the RTF solution over
the next month or so.

Tim Altom
Simply Written, Inc.
317.899.5882
http://www.simplywritten.com
Creators of the Clustar Method for task-based documentation

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=