Re: JOB POSTING: Senior TW (staff), QA/Word 97; Santa Monica, CA

Subject: Re: JOB POSTING: Senior TW (staff), QA/Word 97; Santa Monica, CA
From: John Posada <john -at- TDANDW -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 10:56:56 -0400

John...

I believe that your posting was out of line and interferes with one of
the things that what I want out of this list...the ability to view
available assignments and by jumping on one poster makes any others that
much more hestitant to do so.

1) I thought we agreed not to critique job postings. Either be glad that
it is posted or delete it.
2) The qualifications asked for are qualifications we all have (if we
are qualified to be a TW) and to be honest, are what I would (and do)
look for in any TW gig...I couldn't ask for my rate if I couldn't handle
those requirements. They are needed when you must meet deadlines in ANY
field.

Don't you have those qualifications?

--
John Posada, Technical Writer (and proud of the title)
The world's premier Internet fax service company: The FaxSav Global

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good
poem, see a fine picture, and, if it were possible, to speak a few
reasonable words.", Goethe
"Say all you have to say in the fewest possible words, or your reader
will be sure to skip them; and in the plainest possible words or he will
certainly misunderstand them.", John Ruskin

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=