Scanning slides

Subject: Scanning slides
From: "Geoff Hart (by way of \"Eric J. Ray\" <ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com>)" <ght -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 06:34:00 -0600

Michael Johnson asked for advice on slide scanners. We've been using
the original Nikon Coolscan for a few years now and love it; there's
a newer model that's supposed to be even better. We use it for print
production, up to roughly 4X4 inches with no resolution problems; if
you decide you need to go much larger for color printing work, you
might want to get a service bureau to do the scanning for you, but
for online, the Coolscan is more than adequate.
--Geoff Hart @8^{)}
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

"Men are from Earth. Women are from Earth. Deal with it."--Author unknown

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=