Re: always look for a new job? (Atlanta-related)

Subject: Re: always look for a new job? (Atlanta-related)
From: "Nina L. Panzica" <panin -at- MINDSPRING -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 11:45:07 -0400

At 03:29 PM 7/29/98 -0400, Melissa wrote:

>I'll second Tom's opinion of the Atlanta job market. I live in a northern
>suburb of Atlanta, and while I can't claim to be getting calls every other
>day, I did get one just yesterday, and I am not looking for a job nor do I
>have my resume posted anywhere. But I do routinely hear from more people
>looking for a tech writer than I hear from tech writers looking for work.

In my experience the Atlanta job market for contractors slows down in the
summer, but in the last few years it's still been pretty good. The North
Carolia market is even better, I've heard. Recruiters I talk to from that
area have many more jobs to fill than people to fill them. On the other
hand, North Carolina is not as big a job market as Atlanta. I would think,
however, that although there are overall fewer jobs in NC, there is,
because of the apparent staffing shortage, much less competition for those
jobs.

I'm working right now, but I still get two to three phone and email
inquiries per week about other projects. I've got a very small mailing list
of contractors (and a couple of permanent writers) looking for work in that
area that I forward these Atlanta contacts on to (usually just the names
and phone numbers of all contacts I get; I don't have time for much else).
If anyone wants to recieve these job leads, send me your email address and
I'll add you to my list. Just one caveat: don't ask me to screen the
contacts for you in any way; I haven't that sort of time.

Regards,
Nina P.

Nina Panzica
Masterpiece Media, Inc.
(404) 237-7889
Can't reach me at the above number? Try my pager:
404-596-7889

Email: mailto:panin -at- mindspring -dot- com
Home Page: http://www.mindspring.com/~panin/

Links to Other Technical Writers:
http://www.mindspring.com/~panin/

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=