Re: Portfolio

Subject: Re: Portfolio
From: dee beck <deeb -at- TIMBERLINE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 16:12:10 -0700

hi, rose:

in my experience, the work you do for a company belongs to that
company. in fact, every software development company that i've worked
for has asked me to sign a piece of paper to that affect.

if you are unsure about using something you've done for a
company, i'd ask the company. i should think your Human Resources
representative could answer this question if you don't want to ask your
boss. if there are security or intellectual property issues with doing
this, perhaps they'd consider allowing you to use a cohesive portion of
a work.

i have always taken samples of everything i've done for a
company (without asking).

thanks, dee
Dee Beck
Lead Technical Writer