Re. Chunking online information

Subject: Re. Chunking online information
From: "Geoff Hart (by way of \"Eric J. Ray\" <ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com>)" <ght -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 11:50:18 -0600

Count me in as a "me too" to what Jason Willebeek-LeMair said:
Chunking is important in terms of visual presentation, but by no
means do you need to break the conceptual chunks into separate
physical chunks (i.e., in the context of the original question,
into separately downloaded Web pages). I try to follow a simple
design principle for all my online stuff: present a summary right at
the top of the page so readers know whether they've come to the right
place, and provide immediate links to relevant chunks later in the
same "page". Readers can hit the "Stop" button, the "Back" button, or
click on a link immediately depending on whether they're not
interested or have found what they seek.
--Geoff Hart @8^{)}
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

"Men are from Earth. Women are from Earth. Deal with it."--Author unknown

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=