Re: RoboHelp: Upgrade advice (summary)

Subject: Re: RoboHelp: Upgrade advice (summary)
From: David Knopf <david -at- KNOPF -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 12:18:57 -0700

Geoff Hart wrote:

| - RH 6 is at least as stable as 4 and has tons of helpful features;
| the main bugs (including autonumbering) seem to lie in Word, not RH
| itself. The autonumbering bug remains enough of a problem to merit
| turning this feature off entirely and manually numbering steps;
| one person reported that even this may not work if you simply number
| paragraphs tagged with the "Normal" style, so it's best to create a
| separate "indented" style for your lists.

I definitely wouldn't suggest reverting to manual numbering. But I do agree
that you should avoid Word 97's autonumbering feature entirely. I have
posted a tip of my Web site describing how to do this. If you'd like to
check this out, just drop by http://www.knopf.com and click the link under
"Tip of the Month."

David Knopf
Knopf Online
Tel: 415-820-2356
E-mail: mailto:david -at- knopf -dot- com
Web: http://www.knopf.com

Writing * WinHelp * Web Sites * Training * Consulting
RoboHELP Certified Trainer * RoboHELP Certified Consultant

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=