Re: Mouseless Internetting, yet...

Subject: Re: Mouseless Internetting, yet...
From: "Ridder, Fred" <F -dot- Ridder -at- DIALOGIC -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 11:54:35 -0400

On Fri, 21 Aug 1998, your friend and his Matt Ion wrote:

>I dunno about IE, but Netscape since at least V3 has had a "Links" menu
that should allow you to access any links on the page, whether hidden
behind text or images.

Maybe I'm blind or incredibly forgetful, but I can't recall ever seeing
such a menu in a Netscape browser. I have Navigator versions 2, 3.01,
and 4 on my system, and none of them display such a menu, nor can
I find any menu option to turn on such a menu. Are you perhaps
referring to the Netscape Composer editor? I do find a Links menu in
that app...

And in relation to Lisa Comeau's original query, I find that in
Navigator
3.01, the Tab key only steps from the Location to the "directory"
buttons
(What's New, Net Search, etc.), if those buttons are displayed; if those
buttons are not displayed, the Tab key does absolutely nothing. In
Navigator 4, though, the Tab key does work as people have described it.
Does this difference in behavior have anything to do with the fact that
have Navigator 4 is installed as part of the full Netscape Communicator
package while Navigator 3.01 is installed as just the browser (no
editor)?

Fred Ridder
Senior Technical Writer
Dialogic Corporation