Document conversion; Lotus AmiPro to Word 97

Subject: Document conversion; Lotus AmiPro to Word 97
From: "Beckton, Jon" <jbeckton -at- MHS7 -dot- TNS -dot- CO -dot- ZA>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 16:05:44 +0200

Can anyone help me?

We have all our manuals (since long before I arrived here) backed up via
Fastback. The backed-up documents are in Lotus AmiPro format.

The company is converting to Microsoft products (don't ask me why) and
so, I must find the best way to extract all these manuals, convert them
to Word and then back them up again using the Windows backup facility.

The manuals extract well and look good in Amipro but then the problems
start. I save in Amipro as Word for Windows V2.0 format and open the
document in Word 97. Font sizes, colours and attributes are changed,
apparently at random, formatting is gone and all the graphics have
disappeared.

I searched the archives and the only reference I came across was a post
from Steve Evanina back in 96. He didn't get any replies that I could
find so maybe I'm on a wild goose chase here but I really would
appreciate an alternative to going through each document line by line,
reformatting and re-importing graphics. It sounds like a job for life!

BTW, the Lotus tech support website has nothing on the subject and
Microsoft don't seem to acknowledge that there is such a program as
AmiPro.

Thanks in anticipation,

Jon Beckton

jbeckton -at- debeers -dot- co -dot- za
Tel +27 11 374 6596

This probably is of no interest to the list so please reply to me
directly at the above address

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=