Re: Screen Captures in Frame

Subject: Re: Screen Captures in Frame
From: Tim Altom <taltom -at- SIMPLYWRITTEN -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 08:33:59 -0500

Suzette, FrameMaker doesn't have much capability to redo graphics. Frame's
emphasis on cross-platform compatibility means it can't be overly dependent
on any platform's favored graphics.

We use Paint Shop Pro to both capture and clean up. PSP allows us to pick an
area or element, rather than snapping the whole screen area, which uses up
mucho memory. We often then reduce the colors to black and white (not
reducing the colors used, but the color count), reconnect the broken shading
lines with solid ones in PSP, and then use the image for print. The
resulting image is a fraction of the storage size of the original color one.
And it prints better.

You'll need PSP or some other bitmap editing package to do
this...Illustrator is for vector drawings.

Tim Altom
Adobe Certified Expert, Acrobat
Simply Written, Inc.
317.899.5882
http://www.simplywritten.com
Creators of the Clustar Method for task-based documentation

>I am currently documenting a software application, using FrameMaker 5.5 in
>Windows 95. This is my first project using Frame (read Newbie). What is
the
>best way for me to capture screenschots?
>
>In Word, I would use Alt+Print Scrn, paste into my document, and then use
Word
>to crop and lighten.
>
>I need a way to this in FrameMaker, and still have the option to crop and
>lighten. Do I need a package like Illustrator (which is not a problem) to
get
>the quality/options I need?

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=